Konohiki Style Fried Ginger Chicken
- 2 pounds bone-in chicken thighs (cut in half & make a cut in each piece near the bone, halfway through.)
- Vegetable oil for deep-frying
- 1-2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup shoyu
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mirin
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1-2 Cup Flour All purpose
- 1/2 Cup Sugar Brown or granulated
- 1 Tsp Salt Kosher
- Canola oil
- Heat oil to 350 degrees.
- Remove chicken from marinade, shaking off excess. Dredge in flour. Fry 10-15 minutes, until brown and cooked through.
- Drain on paper towels. Chicken will get more crisp as it cools. Serves 4.